Friday, December 31, 2004

Getting worried by the Niggle :o(

Distance: 7.9 miles
Time:79:00
Min/mile: 10:00
AvHR: 140

Well, I thought I'd try a new route for fun, but of course as yet I don't know how far it is, but about 7-8 miles! Out on my bike tomorrow to find out. I'll need to do it on the bike as it goes through a local park.

I tried base training - and while I don't know exactly how far the route was, keeping the HR down to something around 142 meant I was doing slow miles. Nearly ten minutes per mile, which felt lousy :o(

All runs in this campaign so far I've had a niggling right leg - at the top of the hamstring. This also affected the quad on the same leg, and sometimes the ITB. It was back again today. Even after a cold bath, the hip flexor is distinctly sore. I'm going to try removing the heel lift from the left shoe and see what effect that has. Next run is due for Sunday. I relented from the "try 11 miles" idea and have decided to leave that until Sunday, rather than 11 today and 13 Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home