Monday, January 03, 2005

Back to Base-ics

Distance: 11.2 miles
Time: 1:57:49
AvHR: 139
Min/mile: 10:31

More base training, and the furthest distance so far this campaign. All was going a lot better until the last few miles when my heart rate drifted dramatically, and I had to keep stopping and walk every 50 yards or so. Very frustrating. Must keep training and then do my previous session again in a while.

Tried putting a heel raise in both shoes today to even things out, but still got right leg problems. Maybe it is just a niggle from not running.

Day off tomorrow - or a day off from running at least, I may well do some cycling or swimming.


1 Comments:

At 4 January 2005 at 13:29, Blogger XFR Bear said...

Hi Leon

My max is 192, so very similar to yours.

However if I take away the RHR (46) and do RHR + 70% x 146 it comes out as 148.

The Allen formula (185 - age) gives 143.

Seems to be a lot of discrepancies. Panty likes the Allen formula. Who knows? Just wish I could settle this drift dowm.

Anyone care to explain it anyhow? I think it cost me my 3:30 at FLM 2004 so it would be good to sort it.

Not sure I can do another 8 miles today!!! Maybe work up to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home