Tuesday, January 11, 2005

More Base, less Speed!

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 57:30
AvHR: 138

My usual 6 mile route up Northey Avenue. I really didn't get the pace right today, starting off too quickly and somehow not quite managing to stay under my target well enough. It was only a few BPM difference, but it did mean I kept having to walk. Was it tiredness, too much coffee, a lurking lurgy, or what? Who knows?

All in all a frustrating run, and a minute slower than the equivalent run last week, but it really wasn't much different in many respects. At least I managed to keep the two halfs of the run far more even.

I'm toying with some sort of new statistic (having been impressed by Susie's) and I'm working on some sort of overall figure - it's better if I do the route faster, but not if the average heart rate is higher. Then again, same pace at lower HR is good, same HR at a quicker pace is good. Maybe multiply the two figures together, and aim to reduce the figure as time goes on. In other words, it's okjay if the HR is higher, as long as the time per mile reduces by more. Hmmm - I can feel a graph coming on! Just need to get some more stats to go into it! Watch this space :o)

Weight - seems to have gone up - not sure why - I've run thirty miles and eaten way more fruit and veg. Must be muscle. Or something. Hmmm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home