Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Probably Shouldn't Have Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 53:00
AvHR: 156

ARGH!!

I've had the lurgy for the past week or so, and although a bit gunky still, I really felt like a run tonight. I did doubt whether I should somehow, ass my HR standing at the door was over 90, whereas normally it is around 72 before I set off.

Anyhoo - I quickly realised this wasn't going to be a run where my HR stayed down. I soon got to the double beep that told me I was above the zone, and I was deliberately being careful to take it easy! This was a case of either walking every few hundred yards or running at my usual sort of pace and seeing what happened to my HR. I opted for the latter.

I got to half way marginally faster than usual (like - about 20 seconds) but with an average HR 15 to 20 bpm higher (I didn't check it exactly). I took a drink, tightened my shoe laces, and took a minute's rest. Normally during this time, my HR drops to about 100-105. Today - it never dipped below 120. Clearly something was wrong. I didn't feel too bad running, I have to say, but my HR was just in completely the wrong territory!

Anyhoo - I finished the run in 53 minutes dead, but with an average HR of 156. This gave me a score of 7.257. Way down on the last run, but this was only to be expected. A faster time, but a much higher HR. I'm just going to discount this as a run affected by my lurgy, and possibly (probably!) one I shouldn't have done. In my defence it had been ten days and I was dying for a run!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home