Friday, February 25, 2005

End of the Line for Me :o(

Physio visit. Knee has been niggling for too long, and hampered my training.
Well - the good news is that we thing we've identified the problem and I've got stuff to do for it, and had some massage and ultrasound. The bad news is that there's no way I'm going to be okay to run and be able to build up the mileage in time for April 17th. Okay - I may limp round, but what's the point? Let's sort this properly and benefit from the guaranteed place next year :o)

7 Comments:

At 26 February 2005 at 11:59, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

brave man ... you'll do storming next year
Can I have a hug at mile 18 now??

 
At 27 February 2005 at 01:21, Blogger beanz said...

sorry to hear that - but well done on making the decision.

 
At 27 February 2005 at 11:59, Blogger XFR Bear said...

Thanks peeps!

...and of course you can have a hug Pixel :o)

Just want to mag to arrive with the "defer" form in it so I can get the ruddy thing out of the way now.

Just off down the gym to do the exercises the physio recommended

 
At 27 February 2005 at 16:47, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

i used my original acceptance form (as did Fraggle) as there was a tick box section on the bottom saying defer. can't comment on the march one cos I refused to read it!! (me sulking??! Never!)

 
At 28 February 2005 at 15:52, Blogger XFR Bear said...

WIll check Pixel - I got a club place so I don't think I've got an acceptance letter yet.

Ruddy annoying though :o(

Still - I'll be glad next year - just hope this leg gets sorted in time.

 
At 28 February 2005 at 18:10, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

didn't think you could defer club places?

 
At 9 March 2005 at 02:44, Blogger Cath Delaney said...

"You are welcome to join my Traithalon/Tough Guy team btw"


[splutter]


;oP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home